Guest Recipe: Asian Inspired Salmon Meal
Thank you to Jenny Cowley for this delicious All in One Thermomix recipe.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 10 g ginger cut into coins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long red chilli deseeded and roughly chopped
- 10 g Tamari sauce or use soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 40 g honey
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 100 g cubed sweet potato
- Vegetables to serve eg broccolini, green beans, bok choy
- ½ cup of uncooked couscous
- 2 squares of baking paper
- 600 g of water for steaming
- Add ginger, chilli and garlic to bowl, chop 6 sec/speed 6/ MC on
- Scrape down sides, add Tamari and honey, mix 30 sec/50°C or 120°F/speed 2
- Prepare salmon by covering in marinade and the chopped spring onions, then wrapping in baking paper, making into parcels and either folding or twisting edges.
- Place parcels on steaming tray. Place other vegetables in deep steaming dish. Without rinsing bowl, add steaming water to bowl. Insert simmering basket with sweet potato. Cook 25 mins/steaming temp/ speed 3.
- While this is cooking, place couscous into a thermal server. When salmon and vegetables are finished cooking, set aside and keep warm. Add ¾ cup of the steaming water to couscous, stir and then let sit for 6 minutes.
- Toss sweet potato through couscous. Serve salmon on top of couscous and pumpkin, drizzle on any remaining marinade and with vegetables of choice on the side.