Guest Recipe: Asian Inspired Salmon Meal
Thank you to Jenny Cowley for this delicious All in One Thermomix recipe.
Recipe type: Guest Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets
- 10 g | 0.3 oz ginger, cut into coins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 10 g | 0.3 oz Tamari sauce (or use soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 40 g | 1.4 oz honey
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 100 g | 3.5 oz cubed sweet potato
- Vegetables to serve eg, broccolini, green beans, bok choy
- ½ cup of uncooked couscous
- 2 squares of baking paper
- 600 g | 21.2 oz of water (for steaming)
- Add ginger, chilli and garlic to bowl, chop 6 sec/speed 6/ MC on
- Scrape down sides, add Tamari and honey, mix 30 sec/50°C or 120°F/speed 2
- Prepare salmon by covering in marinade and the chopped spring onions, then wrapping in baking paper, making into parcels and either folding or twisting edges.
- Place parcels on Varoma tray. Place other vegetables in Varoma dish. Without rinsing bowl, add steaming water to bowl. Insert steaming basket with sweet potato. Cook 25 mins/steaming temperature/ speed 3.
- While this is cooking, place couscous into a thermal server. When salmon and vegetables are finished cooking, set aside and keep warm. Add ¾ cup of the steaming water to couscous, stir and then let sit for 6 minutes.
- Toss sweet potato through couscous. Serve salmon on top of couscous and pumpkin, drizzle on any remaining marinade and with vegetables of choice on the side.