I absolutely adore European food and I have been blessed to have it all around me being of Greek heritage, having extended family who are Italian and my mother in law being French. When Emma, one of the collaborators for Bimby Mania, contacted me to see if I was interested in doing an International recipe swap – I jumped at the opportunity!
The Bimby Mania community has so many fantastic recipes on it, the problem for me is I don’t read Italian and I am sure many of my readers are in the same boat. So here we have the gorgeous Patè di olive recipe for you in English. Its delicious, like an olive tapenade, and I served it with Mia Ringsparr crackers for a gorgeous morning tea with my kids. You can view the original recipe here.
- 200 g pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g olive oil
- Add your olives and garlic clove to the mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 7/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add salt and olive oil to mixer bowl and blend for 4 sec/speed 7/MC on. Scrape bowl down again and repeat if required until desired texture is reached. I prefer to only do it once for chunky texture.
- Put your patè di olive in a jar and store in the fridge.
Use the sharp blade for this recipe.