This is actually another one of Michael’s recipes – one of the two. He made it for me years ago, and while he’s only ever cooked for me twice, what he has cooked has been fantastic. This is a great healthy Thermomix recipe to turn the brussels sprout into something that even the most green hating person will love – because bacon makes everything better!
- 250 g bacon, roughly cut into large chunks
- 500 g brussels sprouts, ends removed and halved
- 1 / 3 cup of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Set your frying pan to medium-high heat.
- Add 250 g bacon to mixer bowl, chop for 20 sec/speed 4/MC on. Scrape the bowl out into the frying pan and let the bacon dry-fry while you prepare the sprouts.
- Without washing the bowl, put 500 g sprouts into the mixer bowl and chop for 20 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape the bowl out into the frying pan with the bacon.
- Add ½ of the olive oil to the frying pan and occasionally move it around. Let the mixture cook for around 10 mins, or until charred, adding more olive oil as needed. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and serve.
Its also delicious with eggs in the morning for breakfast.
Use sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 3 extend chopping time if required.