Chicken and vegetable soup is something that has always daunted me- Mum always made it when we were sick and it tasted sooooooooo good that I was sure it was really difficult to make.Turns out, its crazy simple, very cheap and also really good for you. Provided you have the time, you can make a nourishing and reportedly healing Thermomix Chicken soup – but if time isn’t something you have in abundance, I have also given “quick” instructions for a 15 minute meal as well (in the notes). I know my family will be enjoying this recipe winter long. Love Nik xx
P.s. how beautiful is that bowl? I bought it at a recent trip to the Jam Factory here in South Australia.
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled, quatered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 50 g celery, roughly chopped
- 50 g carrots, roughly chopped
- 700 g skinless chicken thigh or leg, with the bone (I recommend you use free range)
- roughly 900 g water
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 g carrot, thinly sliced
- 150 g celery, thinly sliced
- 200 g spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh continental parsley, roughly chopped
- Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots and chicken directly in to mixer bowl.
- Pour water, salt, pepper and bay leaf into mixer bowl, to the max line - this is roughly 900 g in the TM31, a bit more in the TM5. Cook for 60 min/90 degrees/slowest speed/MC on. You can totally clean your kitchen and prepare your vegetables for serving now 😛
- When cooking time has finished, remove your chicken to a thermal server and add your serving vegetables (except for the spinach and parsley) to the stock (I dont bother draining it, the stock vegetables are also delicious!). Cook for 10-15 min/90 degrees/slowest speed/MC on. While the vegetables are cooking, carefully shred your meat from the bones without burning yourself, and discard the bones. Pour soup & vegetables over your chicken, spinach and parsley, season to taste if needed, and serve.
Omit stock ingredients.
Replace chicken thigh/leg with 700 g cubed chicken breast.
Add cubed chicken breast, pepper and serving vegetables (except for the spinach and parsley) to mixer bowl with 2 tbsp chicken stock concentrate.
Top water up to max fill line and cook for 10-15 min/90 degrees/slowest speed/MC on or until cooked.
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 2 use speed 1.
At step 3 cook for longer if required.