This is one of my favourite Changing Habits/HCG Protocol healthy Thermomix recipes because its so filling, quick and yummy to make. This Chicken Soup made in the Thermomix TM5 tastes like what I remember 2 minute noodles to taste like, minus the MSG.
You don’t have to be on the protocol to enjoy this dish either, and I have provided instructions in the notes on how to use fresh ingredients and boost the fat content for those who aren’t concerned with keeping their calories down.
skinnymixer's Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 400 g | 14.1 oz chicken breast thinly sliced
- 400 g | 14.1 oz zucchini zoodles or chunks or strips
- 2 tbsp chicken stock concentrate + 1200 g water or 1200 g liquid chicken stock
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- handful of chopped flat leaf parsley or baby spinach
- Add 1,200 g or 42 oz water, stock concentrate, onion powder, garlic powder, cracked pepper & cayenne to mixer bowl. Set it to 10 min/steaming temp/speed 2/MC on. While cooking, you have time cut up your chicken and put it into the simmering basket and prepare your zucchini and put it into the deep steaming tray.
- Insert your simmering basket into the hot soup, and with a spoon carefully move the chicken around to ensure its not stuck together. Cook for 3-5 min/steaming temp/speed 2 with the steaming tray (zucchini) in place.
- Portion out chicken, zoodles and chopped parsley and pour broth over the top.
Use the blunt blade for this recipe.
Use speed 3 at step 1 and 2.
At step 2 place tea towel over steamer lid if using an Intelli and extend cooking time if necessary.
If using onion, garlic and oil/butter please increase cooking time if necessary.