This is one of my favourite Changing Habits/HCG Protocol recipes because its so filling, quick and yummy to make. It tastes like what I remember 2 minute noodles to taste like, minus the MSG.
You don’t have to be on the protocol to enjoy this dish either, and I have provided instructions in the notes on how to use fresh ingredients and boost the fat content for those who aren’t concerned with keeping their calories down.
- 400 g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 400 g zucchini, zoodles or chunks or strips
- 2 tbsp chicken stock concentrate + 1200 g water (or 1200 g liquid chicken stock)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- handful of chopped flat leaf parsley or baby spinach
- Add 1,200 g water, stock concentrate, onion powder, garlic powder, cracked pepper & cayenne to mixer bowl. Set it to 10 min/steaming temp/speed 2/MC on. While cooking, you have time cut up your chicken and put it into the simmering basket and prepare your zucchini and put it into the deep steaming tray.
- Insert your simmering basket into the hot soup, and with a spoon carefully move the chicken around to ensure its not stuck together. Cook for 3-5 min/steaming temp/speed 2 with the steaming tray (zucchini) in place.
- Portion out chicken, zoodles and chopped parsley and pour broth over the top.
Add 1 halved onion and 1 peeled garlic clove to the mixer bowl, chop for 5 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down. Add 30 g oil/butter and cook for 5 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off and proceed with step 1 as per the recipe.
Use the blunt blade for this recipe.
Use speed 3 at step 1 and 2.
At step 2 place tea towel over steamer lid if using an Intelli and extend cooking time if necessary.
If using onion, garlic and oil/butter please increase cooking time if necessary.