What can I say… they’re delicious brownies… Naturally gluten free / grain free / refined sugar free / dairy free brownies.
You can put whatever flavourings you want into them, but I have chosen to use macadamia nut and dried cranberries. You can also choose to serve cold from the fridge, or at room temperature. Most importantly, you can choose to sub some of the water with booze for a special adult treat 😉
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Christmas Brownies
- 200 g raw almonds
- 100 g Lindt 70% dark chocolate broken up into squares
- 70 g rapadura or preferred sugar
- 20 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 70 g water or booze!
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 100 g macadamia nut halves
- Grease and line a small square baking dish (8 x 8 in or 2L capacity) and preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F fan forced.
- Add almonds to mixer bowl, mill for 10-15 sec/speed 9/MC on. Set aside (I set it aside in the prepared baking dish to save on washing up)
- Without washing the bowl, add the chocolate and mill for 10 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down, ensuring to loosen the chocolate from the bottom of the bowl.
- Add coconut oil, sugar, vanilla and salt to mixer bowl. Melt for 4 min/60°C or 140°F/speed 2/MC on.
- Set the timer for 3 min/speed 3/MC off and add eggs 1 by 1, then your reserved almond meal until incorporated.
- Add water, cranberries and nuts and combine for 15 sec/speed 2/MC on.
- Pour batter out into prepared tin and bake until set - about 15-20 minutes. You dont want it to be soft/squishy or it wont be able to be cut.
- Allow it to cool completely and ideally, refrigerate it overnight to allow it to be cut neatly - bring to room temperature before serving.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe. At step 2 mill for 15-17 seconds.
After step 5 check that mixture is thoroughly mixed and scrape around bowl with spatula if necessary.
Christmas Fudge Adaptations: 200 g | 7 oz Lindt 70% dark chocolate, instead of 100g 100 g | 3.5 oz coconut oil, instead of 20g no eggs Follow recipe instructions with adjusted quantities... refrigerate overnight before slicing, serve from the fridge.