Since we announced that the next book was going to be ‘A Little Taste of Mexico’, the Skinnymixers Facebook Group has made it abundantly clear they really want a ‘healthy churros’ recipe. I have thought long and hard, and ordered many different churros while eating out, just to be sure that I knew what they taste like. I believe I have come up with a healthy alternative to thermomix churros, which according to my scales are definitely NOT healthy! You can sprinkle this crumb on yoghurt, icecream, custard, flan, creamed rice, porridge, chia pudding AND most importantly the super delicious (and still top secret) dessert recipe featured in A Little Taste of Mexico! Love Nik xx
- 200 g raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or sugar of choice, brown would be my next choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 pinches of vanilla bean powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160° C and put all of your ingredients into a roasting dish, combining well with a spoon.
- Roast nuts for 8-10 min or until just golden brown, you dont want them to start to burn.
- Allow nuts to cool compeletely before putting in your mixer bowl and chopping for 1-2 sec/speed 6/MC on. If you want a 'chunkier' consistency, use speed 5.
This recipe also features in 'A Little Taste of Mexico', which includes nut-free, LCHF and mixed nuts variations.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 3 add on extra chopping time until you get your desired crumb consistency.