I have been doing a version of this healthy pumpkin soup for about 10 years now, and there has been a popular recipe in the Thermomix group files for it – I finally got around to blogging it and giving people yet another use for their powdered gold (babas!). I hope you all enjoy this healthy Thermomix recipe, Love Nik xx
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 30 g | 1 oz ghee or butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp babas meat curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 100 g | 3.5 oz carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
- 200 g | 7 oz sweet potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 500 g | 17.6 oz pumpkin, peeled, roughly chopped
- 600 g | 21.2 oz liquid chicken stock or 600 g water + 1 tbsp chicken stock concentrate
- 400 g | 14.1 oz coconut cream
- Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add ghee, babas curry powder and garam masala. Cook for 5 min/100°C or 212 °F/speed 1/MC off.
- Add carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin, chop for 10 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 30 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 2/MC on.
- Add coconut cream and blend for 1 min/speed 9/MC on, increasing speed gradually. Repeat if required.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 add on a couple of seconds chopping time, if required.
At step 2 you may need to add on 1-2 minutes cooking time, or until onions and garlic are cooked to your liking
At step 4 add on a cooking time if required.
At step 5 allow to cool slightly (5-10 minutes) and then very slowly increase speed, then slowly decrease speed towards the end of the blending time. Blend for longer if required, taking the same precautions to ensure no build up of pressure when blending.
If you love this Thermomix Soup recipe, you might like to try the following:
- skinnymixer’s Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Soup Thermomix
- skinnymixer’s Bacon & Vegetable Soup
- THM: No Fat Tomato Soup
- skinnymixer’s Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- skinnymixer’s Chicken Zoodle Soup
- THMII: Pea & Ham Soup
Or Pin the recipe for later: