This Dairy-Free Cheesy Spelt Pasta is the dairy-free version of the Macaroni Cheese with a Twist Thermomix recipe. Filled with hidden vegetables, this “cheesy” Thermomix pasta uses nutritional yeast flakes / savoury yeast flakes to get that Mac n Cheese flavour.
skinnymixer's Dairy-Free Cheesy Spelt Pasta
- 250-500 g | 8.8-17.6 oz spelt pasta Alternative: Normal pasta, GF pasta…
- 1 medium zucchini - medium rough chop
- 1 large carrot- small rough chop
- 120 g | 4.2 oz cauli - roughly chopped
- 200 g | 7 oz white potato - peeled small rough chop
- 200 g | 7 oz sweet potato - peeled small rough chop
- 2 celery stalks – medium rough chop no leaves
- 1 tbsp stock concentrate veg or chicken
- 1-2 tsp salt or herbamere I used 2 tsp
- 100 g | 3.5 oz cashews or 100g sunflower seeds for nut free!
- 500 g | 17.6 oz water
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes optional extra, don’t go out and buy it special
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- Add 1,200 g or 42.3 oz water to mixer bowl and
- Cook 10 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC on.
- While water is heating, prepare vegetables and arrange on bottom steamer tray.
- When timer is up, add pasta straight to the mixer bowl and put steamer tray in place.
- Cook 10 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/reverse stirring veggies up half way through.
- Pasta should be al dente, drain water from pasta and reserve pasta to an insulated server pot.
- Put vegetables into mixer bowl and purée on 10 sec/speed 7/MC on (it does not matter if vegetables are not fully cooked).
- Add cashews, water, stock, salt, paprika, mustard and nutritional yeast flakes if using.
- Cook 15 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 2/MC on.
- Purée for 90 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Stir desired amount of sauce through pasta and serve.
You can substitute some of the veg for other veg 🙂
This recipe is extremely flexible and versatile. You can mix the veg up to use what you have. i.e. I don't eat white potato or celery, so I used 250 g or 8.8 oz cauliflower instead and it was perfect!
** TO REHEAT FROM FROZEN ** defrost and mix on speed 2 for 2 minutes, 70°C or 160°F and it will return to original consistency *** Bellini Users Use your blunt blade for this recipe. At step 2 and step 5 use ST temp and speed 1 if using an Intelli, popping a tea towel over the steamer attachment and 130 degrees and speed 1 if using a Supercook. At step 10 start at speed 4 and gradually work your way up to speed 9.
Comments from Michael
This is very, very tasty and very popular among the extended family and friends 🙂 It is hard to believe that it is dairy-free it tastes so good.