- 250-500 g spelt pasta (Alternative: Normal pasta, GF pasta…)
- 1 medium zucchini - medium rough chop
- 1 large carrot- small rough chop
- 120 g cauli - roughly chopped
- 200 g white potato - peeled, small rough chop
- 200 g sweet potato - peeled, small rough chop
- 2 celery stalks – medium rough chop, no leaves
- 1 tbsp stock concentrate (veg or chicken)
- 1-2 tsp salt or herbamere (I used 2 tsp)
- 100 g cashews (or 100g sunflower seeds for nut free!)
- 500 g water
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional extra, don’t go out and buy it special)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- Add 1,200 g water to mixer bowl and
- Cook 10 min/Steam (V)/speed 1.
- While water is heating, prepare vegetables and arrange on bottom steamer tray.
- When timer is up, add pasta straight to the mixer bowl and put steamer tray in place.
- Cook 10 min/Steam (V)/speed 1/reverse stirring veggies up half way through.
- Pasta should be al dente, drain water from pasta and reserve pasta to an insulated server pot.
- Put vegetables into mixer bowl and purée on 10 sec/speed 7 (it does not matter if vegetables are not fully cooked).
- Add cashews, water, stock, salt, paprika, mustard and nutritional yeast flakes if using.
- Cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2.
- Purée for 90 sec/speed 9.
- Stir desired amount of sauce through pasta and serve.
You can substitute some of the veg for other veg 🙂
This recipe is extremely flexible and versatile. You can mix the veg up to use what you have. i.e. I don't eat white potato or celery, so I used 250 g cauliflower instead and it was perfect!
** TO REHEAT FROM FROZEN ** defrost and mix on speed 2 for 2 minutes, 70 degrees and it will return to original consistency ***
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 2 and step 5 use ST temp and speed 1 if using an Intelli, popping a tea towel over the steamer attachment and 130 degrees and speed 1 if using a Supercook.
At step 10 start at speed 4 and gradually work your way up to speed 9.
Comments from Michael
This is very, very tasty and very popular among the extended family and friends 🙂 It is hard to believe that it is dairy-free it tastes so good.