Espresso Martini is Mr. Skinnymixers favourite cocktail, and with the recent success of the Watermelon Gin Fizz I thought it was a great time to create a cocktail for the cooler weather.
While espresso martinis are very popular, they aren’t the skinniest option when it comes to enjoying a cheeky drink – this version is made healthier by creating a date and coffee syrup instead of using coffee liqueur which is full of sugar. This is a single serving recipe, simply double or triple (or quadruple!) the ingredients to make more! I hope you enjoy this – Love Nik xx
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
- 70 g | 2.5 oz water
- 1 tsp instant coffee or a 30 g shot of espresso
- ½ tsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 80 g ice cubes
- 50 g | 1.8 oz vodka
- Add dates, water, coffee, cacao, vanilla and salt. Blend for 10 seconds/speed 9/MC on. Scrape down lid and bowl.
- Cook for 5 mins/90C or 194F/speed 1/MC off. Allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Add vodka and ice cubes and blend for 10 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Enjoy immediately