Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets with Hidden Veg are gluten free, grain free, egg free & also have a nut free variation. Perfect for the school lunchbox or to freeze raw for a fast nutritious dinner for the kids. Using the Thermomix means that you can achieve the perfect texture & hide some extra vegetables in the recipe.
skinnymixer's Grain Free Chicken Nuggets
- 100 g | 3.5 oz almonds or breadcrumbs or sunflower seeds
- 20 g | 0.7 oz sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sumac or paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- 50 g | 1.8 oz Parmesan cheese cubed
- 80 g | 2.8 oz zucchini roughly chopped (peeled if kids dont like green bits!)
- 80 g | 2.8 oz carrot roughly chopped
- 500 g | 17.6 oz chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pepper
- oil of choice for frying
- Add crumb ingredients to mixer bowl, mill for 10 sec/speed 6/MC on. Set aside on a plate.
- Without washing the bowl, add Parmesan cheese to mixer bowl, mill for 10 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Add zucchini and carrot to mixer bowl, blend for 10 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat if your kids are fussy about hidden vegetables.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding oil, and blend for 15 sec/speed 6/MC on.
- Take walnut sized balls of mixture, roll and flatten to a nugget shape. Coat generously in crumb mixture and set aside. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- For the best results, shallow fry on a medium to high heat until browned on both sides.
- You can also bake in a 200°C or 400°F preheated oven for 20 minutes, turning once half way through.
Use sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 chop for longer if required.
At step 3 repeat if vegetables aren't fine enough.
At step 4 use speed 7 and for a little longer if necessary.
FREE MEAL PLANNER DOWNLOAD: Are you on our Skinnymixers Newsletter? Have all of our latest Thermomix recipes delivered to your Inbox – http://bit.ly/SkinnyNews