Recently, there has been a lot of attention on deli meats & chicken loaf and what the hidden ingredients could be doing to our health long term. These media spots are really good at scaring us, but when it comes time to packing lunchboxes with a busy lifestyle – sometimes its just easier to grab deli meat… until now.
This Thermomix recipe is super easy to make, extremely delicious and better yet: preservative, additive, nut, gluten, dairy, egg, grain and refined sugar free!
It’s also budget friendly, where you will pay $18 kg from the supermarket, this should cost you around $8-$15 a kg depending on if you use free range chicken. Provided you can convince your family to give it a go, I think they will find it just as yummy as the store bought stuff.
Love Nik xx
If you need help with how to roll the loaf, have a look at this video: http://youtu.be/s1FNe9iYRUM
The Skinnymixers Facebook Group absolutely loved the new ‘Back-to-School’ Lunchbox Chicken Loaf. With no preservatives and complete control over the ingredients, this recipe is popular with young and old. See the Lunchbox Chicken Loaf Recipe here.
The below flavour variations have been suggested by the Skinnymixers Community and haven’t been officially tested.
- Red Pesto
- Butter Chicken
- turkey with finely chopped pistachios & dried cranberries
- chilli, garlic
- Chicken Teriyaki Burger Patties flavour
- Roll the outside in dried herbs like Rosemary
- Rolled in Smokey BBQ Rib Rub
- Za’atar Chicken
- Tandoori Chicken
- Thai Green Chicken Curry Paste
- Curry Mee Laksa Paste
- Satay Chicken Marinade
- Left out the maple & throw in a whole chipotle in adobo, added a tsp of the adobo sauce, half a char grilled capsicum & a handful of chopped coriander.
- Smooth out to a rectangle, place prosciutto and basil leaves the using the plastic wrap roll upon itself leaving one edge free from filling to enclose. Roll log as per usual. You can also add semi dried tomatoes (squeeze to drain oil and excess liquids) or roasted capsicum (red peppers).
- sweet chilli sauce instead of maple
- wholegrain mustard and honey instead of maple
skinnymixer's Lunchbox Loaf
- 500 g chicken breast cubed small
- 10 g olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder if you can't have it, dont use it!
- 1 tsp paprika if you can't have it, dont use it!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional, or other liquid sweetener
- 2 large pieces of BPA free gladwrap
- Add all ingredients to mixer bowl, blend for 1 min 30 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Scrape mixture out onto piece of gladwrap. Twist the ends and roll tight, squeezing as much air out as possible. Wrap securely with second piece of gladwrap. If you need to see a visual guide watch: http://youtu.be/s1FNe9iYRUM.
- Wash bowl roughly and add 1000 g or 35.2 oz water. Put your deep steaming tray in place and put chicken roll inside. Steam for 35 min/steaming temp/speed 3. Internal temperature should reach 74°C or 165°F for doneness.
- Allow the roll to rest for 10 mins before refrigerating for atleast 2 hours. Unwrap and slice as needed. Keeps for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge and can be sliced and frozen.