In preparation for the launch of A Little Taste of Mexico, I decided a semi-skinny Thermomix cocktail was in order! While travelling through Mexico City, our friend Covis introduced us to Don Juilio 70 Añejo Claro Tequila and insisted it was the best tequila money can buy… We tried it out to lunch with her and she wasnt lying – you can SIP this tequila it is that beautiful. Of course, it would be completely sacrilegious to make a cocktail out of Don Julio 70… so any tequila will do. This is a slightly sour cocktail which makes one to two decent serves, you can easily increase it based on how many people (or rounds!) you need to serve. Love Nik xx
- 1 large ripe orange, peeled, deseeded, halved
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tsp tamarind puree/paste (not concentrate!)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 mint leaves
- 100 g | 3.5 oz soda water
- 40 g | 1.4 oz tequila
- lime juice and sugar to rim the glass with
- Add orange, ice cubes, tamarind, lime juice and mint leaves to mixer bowl. Blend for 30 sec/speed 6/MC on.
- Add soda water and tequila and mix for 5 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- At this point you can either serve as is, or strain if you dont like orange pulp.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 add on extra blending time if required.