It has been a while since I have had a moment to develop a recipe for the blog, thanks to working hard on my sixth book ‘A Little Taste of Spain’.
With Christmas around the corner, I thought it was time to create a healthy table snack. These can be prepared ahead of time and put out in little serving bowls, as part of a cheese platter, wrapped up for a gift or as an excuse to eat something yummy! Love Nik xx
- 1 x raw egg white
- 50 g raw pecans
- 50 g raw macadamia nuts
- 50 g raw almonds
- 50 g raw cashews
- 30 g granulated sweetener of choice (I used Xylitol, but any granulated sugar will work)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan-forced.
- Insert butterfly into a clean, dry mixer bowl. Add egg white and whip for 1 min/speed 4/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine for 15 sec/speed 2/MC on.
- Remove almond mixture to a baking tray, spread in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until golden brown, carefully stirring half way through. Allow to cool completely before serving.