One thing became quickly apparent when recently work-tripping in America… they have TERRIBLE coffee! Michael ended up settling on a daily (giagantic) vanilla latte from Starbucks – can anyone guess how much weight he gained overseas? 😛
It definitely got me thinking about what goes into those syrups, as well as the sugar content. Here is a premium vanilla bean syrup that I developed, made with real vanilla bean and coconut sugar. While coconut sugar is still sugar, it does have more vitamins and minerals than your standard white sugar. Try this in your morning coffee, a milkshake or ontop of my vanilla bean icecream!
Love Nik xx
P.S. if you are wondering where to get the best vanilla beans, check out Vanilla&Co.
skinnymixer's Premium Vanilla Bean Syrup
- 250 g water
- 150 g coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 1 premium vanilla bean split length ways and halved
- 1 pinch of pink salt flakes
- Add all ingredients to mixer bowl, cook for 15 min/steaming temp/speed 1/MC off.
- Discard the vanilla bean and pour syrup into an airtight glass container.
- I recommend you now add 300 g or 10.6 oz water to the mixer bowl and cook for 10 min/steaming temp/speed 2/MC on - to make cleaning the bowl easier.