I got stuck out and about the other day without any food, and I still have Mexico travel weight to lose – so I hunted for the healthiest option in the food court and settled on a mystery “Thai Soup”.
While I was eating it, I sent my friend a message telling her to not let me forget to create an amazing winter warmer chicken soup with my Thai Red Curry Paste recipe. So here it is! Super healthy with all of those beautiful fresh ingredients and quick to whip up if you have the paste already made in the freezer. I hope you enjoy this spicy winter soup.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Thai Red Chicken Soup
- 1 medium brown onion peeled, quatered
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 portion of Thai Red Curry Paste click for recipe
- 20 g olive oil
- 1000 g water + 2 tbsp chicken stock concentrate or 1000 g | 35.3 oz liquid chicken stock
- 500 g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 200 g vegetables of choice I used sliced capsicum and green beans
- 400 g coconut cream
- handful of thai basil or coriander roughly chopped
- Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add curry paste and oil, cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
- Add water, stock concentrate, chicken breast and vegetables to mixer bowl, cook for 10 min/100°C or 212°F/slowest speed/MC on or until cooked.
- Pour soup out into a thermal server and stir through the coconut cream and thai basil, at this stage I also added an extra 1 tsp of salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
At step 3 use speed 1 and cook for longer if necessary.