One of my favourite Skinnymixer’s has been nagging me for months to make a Thai Red Curry, and I finally tried my hand at it. Here is the paste recipe, which will make enough paste for 4 curries – but you can also use it to marinate chicken to grill or add to soups for a Thai twist. Enjoy xx
- 200 g shallots, peeled (the small brown ones)
- 80g coconut oil (or preferred oil)
- 40 g cloves of garlic, peeled
- 30 g ginger, sliced into thin round coins
- 30 g stalk of lemon grass, white part only, roughly chopped (about 2-3 stalks)
- 25 g roasted shrimp paste (from supermarket, optional for vegetarian)
- 10 g coriander roots and stalks/leaves
- 5-10 dried red chillis (depending on spice preference, for a milder curry deseed the chillis)
- 4 single kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp peppercorns
- Add all ingredients to mixer bowl, blend for 30 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat 2-3 times until smooth.
- Divide into 4 portions and freeze in snap lock bags.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 add on extra processing time until paste is smooth.