Meat pies are one of my favourite cheeky foods, I have very fond memories of getting a meat pie with my Dad after watching the races as a child. Unfortunately, the pastry doesn’t like me – but this is a great way to get the taste of a perfect Thermomix Australian Meat Pie recipe without the pastry – or with if you like 😉 Here in South Australia we have a tradition of enjoying a Meat Pie Floater, which is a pie served floating in pea soup – top a pie this Australia Day with my Mushy Peas for a reverse pie floater and celebrate this great country! Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Aussie Meat Pie Filling
- 1 brown onion peeled and quartered
- 30 g | 1 oz olive oil
- 300 g | 10.6 oz liquid beef stock or 1 Tbsp beef stock concentrate + 300 g or 10.6 oz water
- 30 g | 1 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 700 g | 24.7 oz beef mince
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- Add onion to mixer bowl. Chop for 3 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add olive oil and cook for 5 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off.
- Add beef stock, tomato paste, salt and pepper to mixer bowl. Insert simmering basket and put mince meat inside. Cook for 10 min/steaming temperature/speed 3/MC on.
- Carefully break up mince meat with a spoon and continue to cook for 10 min/steaming temperature/speed 3/MC on.
- Set aside simmering basket with the mince. Add corn flour to the gravy in the bowl. Blend for 10 sec/speed 4/MC on.
- Add mince to gravy and combine on speed 3 until mince is broken up and mixed through gravy.
FREE MEAL PLANNER DOWNLOAD: Are you on our Skinnymixers Newsletter? Have all of our latest Thermomix recipes delivered to your Inbox – http://bit.ly/SkinnyNews
LOVE THIS MEAT PIE THERMOMIX RECIPE? YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THESE OUT…
- The Skinnymixers Guide to Pie Makers
- THMIII: Creamy Chicken Pie Filling
- skinnymixer’s Mushy Peas
- skinnymixer’s Beef & Guinness Pie Filling