skinnymixer's Pasta Alla Norma (sauce)
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 3 mins
- 500 g eggplant 2 cm cubes (approx. 2 eggplants)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 medium onion peeled, quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 x 400g tins whole tomatoes we recommend Ardmona brand
- 1 bunch of basil leaves only (approx. 30 g)
- 30 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of chilli flakes
Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F, fan forced.
Toss eggplant through olive oil and place on roasting tray. Cook for 25 mins, or until soft and golden brown. With 5 mins remaining, begin step 3.
Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl. Chop for 3 sec/speed 7/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
Add the 20 g olive oil to mixer bowl. Cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
Add remaining ingredients, including roasted eggplant, to mixer bowl. Cook for 25 min/steaming temp/speed 1/MC off. Place simmering basket on top to avoid splatter.
Season to taste. Serve over your favourite pasta, zucchini noodles or as a delicious topping over steak or chicken breast.
Serving: 160g | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.3g | Protein: 4.3g | Fat: 8.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 291mg | Sugar: 12g