skinnymixer's Chicken à la King for Simple Meal Sunday
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time16 mins
Total Time21 mins
- 50 g raw cashew nuts see notes for nut free variation
- small handful of fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme OR 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- small brown onion peeled, quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 200 g fresh mushrooms preferably portobello, thickly sliced
- 1 Tbsp chicken stock concentrate + 200 g | 7 oz water OR 200 g | 7 oz liquid chicken stock
- 600 g chicken thigh or breast cubed
- 300 g coconut cream
- 200 g capsicum cut into strips
Add cashew nuts to mixer bowl, mill for 10 sec/speed 9/MC on. Set aside.
Without washing the bowl, add parsley and thyme to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Set aside with the cashew meal.
Without washing the bowl, add onion to mixer bowl, Chop for 4 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
Add oil and cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
Add mushrooms and chicken stock/water and cook for 3 min/100°C or 212°F/reverse/slowest speed/MC off.
Add chicken and coconut cream, cook for 5 min/90°C or 195°F/reverse/speed soft/MC off.
Add the capsicum, reserved cashew and parsley mixture, cook for a further 3 min/90°C or 195°F/reverse/speed soft/MC off - or until cooked.
Substitute the coconut cream with normal cream if desired.
If you would like to make this nut free, skip the milling step and mix 2 heaped tbsp of corn flour or tapioca flour with water and add with the chicken.
Use the blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 1 mill for slightly longer if necessary.
At step 5/step 6/step 7 use speed 1.
At step 7 cook for longer if required.
Serving: 265g | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.5g | Protein: 24.8g | Fat: 20.5g | Saturated Fat: 10.8g | Sodium: 357mg | Sugar: 2.5g