skinnymixer's Stock Concentrate
Taking the time to make your own Thermomix chicken stock concentrate, beef stock or vegetable stock paste can really add an incredible flavour to your meals. If you keep some of each in the freezer you will be covered for all of the Thermomix recipes. This can be used to make 500 g of liquid stock by adding 1 Tbsp to water.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 200 g beef steak or chicken breast diced (optional for meat stock)
- 100 g celery roughly chopped (omit for low fodmap if needed)
- 100 g zucchini roughly chopped
- 100 g leek roughly chopped (use the green tops for low fodmap)
- 1 large brown onion peeled and quartered (omit for low fodmap)
- 1 large tomato halved
- A handful of mixed fresh herbs parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves peeled or 25 g or 0.9 oz garlic infused olive oil
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 30 g apple cider vinegar
- 150 g rock salt
Put meat, if using, into mixer bowl. Chop for 10 sec/speed 8/MC on.
Add vegetables, herbs, spices and vinegar to mixer bowl. Chop for 15 sec/speed 8/MC on.
Add salt and 50 g or 1.8 oz of water to mixer bowl. Cook for 30 min/steaming temp/speed 2/MC off. Tip: Put the simmering basket over hole to protect kitchen.
Add a further 50 g or 1.8 oz water to mixer bowl. Blend for 1 min/speed 9/MC on.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight glass jar for up to 6 months, or in the freezer if desired. You can easily freeze this and scoop straight from the freezer as it doesn't freeze solid due to the salt content.
Use 1 tbsp per 500 g or 17.6 oz liquid.
Don't wash the bowl after scraping the stock out, add 500 g or 17.6 oz water and blitz for 30 sec/speed 9/MC on for usable liquid stock!
Use the sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 3 use ST temp if using an Intelli and 120 degrees if using a Supercook.
At step 4 slowly increase speed from 4 up to speed 9, adding a little extra time if needed.
Serving: 20g | Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.4g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1380mg | Sugar: 0.4g