skinnymixer's Chicken Caprese Salad
- 100 g balsamic vinegar
- 20 g coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 30 g olive oil
- 30 g orange juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 chicken breasts flattened to ensure even cooking
- 1 punnet of ripe baby roma tomatoes halved
- 1 tub of baby or bambini bocconcini, drained, halved
- 1 avocado sliced or cubed
- baby cos lettuce roughly torn/chopped
- large handful of fresh basil sliced thinly
- cracked black pepper
- salt flakes to taste
Please note – this recipe requires a recommended 8 hours marinating time.
Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to mixer bowl. Cook for 5 min/steaming temp/speed 1/MC off.
Add remaining dressing ingredients to mixer bowl. Combine for 15 sec/speed 7/MC on.
Coat chicken well using 1 Tbsp of the dressing. Set rest of dressing aside in the fridge. Marinate chicken for a recommended 8 hours in the fridge. You can skip this step if you want to cook it right away, but marinating gives a better depth of flavour.
Feel free to fry, grill, bake or BBQ your chicken until cooked, letting it rest for 5 mins before slicing. Arrange the rest of your salad ingredients, drizzle with the reserved dressing and finish with cracked black pepper and a salt flakes to taste.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.6g | Protein: 50.4g | Fat: 23.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Sodium: 292mg | Sugar: 8.2g