skinnymixer's Breakfast Quinoa
- 200 g white quinoa rinsed thoroughly under cold water - for at least 2 minutes.
- 400 g milk of choice (I used Thermobexta Cashew Coconut Milk)
- 20-50 g liquid sweetener of choice I used maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/syrup/extract
- Extra milk
- Extra sweetener like a sprinkling of brown sugar
- Fresh blueberries cashew nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon and maple syrup
- Blueberry Sauce
- Banana cinnamon and maple syrup
- Stewed apple cinnamon and walnuts
Make sure you have rinsed your quinoa well before beginning, and put it into the mixer bowl with milk, sweetener and vanilla. Cook for 25-30 min/90°C or 195°F/speed 1/MC off, or until quinoa is cooked (you can tell because their little tails come out).
Remove to a bowl and allow quinoa to soak up milk for 10 mins. You can serve warm or cold from the fridge - it will last 3 days in an airtight container.
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 1 add on extra cooking time if required.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.4g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 15.1g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 12mg | Sugar: 6.7g