skinnymixer's Thai Red Chicken Curry
- 2 x 270 g | 9.5 oz tins Ayam coconut cream green tins
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 lemon grass stalk white part only
- 1 portion of Thai Red Curry Paste click for recipe
- 500 g chicken thigh cubed small (you can use breast if you like)
- 20 g fish sauce or alternatively 10 g soy for vegetarian
- 5 g coconut sugar or palm or brown sugar
- 200 g green beans
- ½-1 tsp salt depending on preference
- A handful of torn up Thai green basil to serve
Add 1 tin of Ayam coconut cream, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and 1 portion of curry paste to mixer bowl. Cook for 10 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC on.
Add chicken, fish sauce, remaining tin of coconut cream and coconut sugar. Cook for 10 min/90°C or 195°F/slowest speed/reverse/MC on.
Taste and add salt to desired amount, break up chicken gently with a spoon, add green beans and cook for a further 7 min/90°C or 195°F/slowest speed/reverse/MC on.
Pour curry into thermal server, stir through torn up thai green basil and let it sit for 5 mins covered until serving.
Substitute fish sauce for soy sauce and add 500 g or 17.6 oz preferred vegetables at appropriate time. For harder vegetables, like potato, add during step 3.
To boost the protein content for a vegetarian variation, pour curry over halved hard boiled eggs before serving.
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 2 use speed 1.
At step 3 use speed 1 and extend cooking time if required.
Serving: 225g | Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.6g | Protein: 18.2g | Fat: 24.7g | Saturated Fat: 19.4g | Sodium: 670mg | Sugar: 5.4g