skinnymixer's Thai Red Curry Paste
- 200 g shallots peeled (the small brown ones)
- 80 g coconut oil or preferred oil
- 40 g cloves of garlic peeled
- 30 g ginger sliced into thin round coins
- 30 g stalk of lemon grass white part only, roughly chopped (about 2-3 stalks)
- 25 g roasted shrimp paste from supermarket, optional for vegetarian
- 10 g coriander roots and stalks/leaves
- 5-10 dried red chillis depending on spice preference, for a milder curry deseed the chillis
- 4 single kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp peppercorns
Add all ingredients to mixer bowl, blend for 30 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat 2-3 times until smooth.
Divide into 4 portions and freeze in snap lock bags.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 add on extra processing time until paste is smooth.
Serving: 110g | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.7g | Protein: 3.9g | Fat: 22.2g | Saturated Fat: 18.4g | Sodium: 203mg | Sugar: 6.1g