skinnymixer's Red Pesto
- 170 g semi dried tomato
- 50 g raw macadamia or cashew, or pinenut...
- 40 g olive oil you can increase to 100 g if you like an oilier/runnier pesto
- 30 g parmesan cheese cubed (omit for dairy free)
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 30 g roasted capsicum jar or roast your own
- 10 g tomato paste
- 10 g fresh basil large bunch
- 20 g kalamata olive flesh optional
- pinch of salt
Please note: This pesto will last a maximum of 3 days in the fridge due to raw garlic and the risk of botulism.
You can freeze any left over pesto or simply eat with some crackers!
Feel free to adapt this recipe to what you like ie. if you don't like capsicum you can omit. You can also omit the olives and season to taste.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 extend processing time if required.
Serving: 15g | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.7g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 3.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Sodium: 66mg | Sugar: 2.5g