skinnymixer's Beetroot Relish
- 500 g fresh beetroot peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red apple cored, quartered
- 70 g apple cider vinegar take care not to use double strength!
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp all spice
Add beetroot, onion and apple to mixer bowl. Chop for 3 sec/speed 6/MC on or until finely chopped but not mush.
Add remaining ingredients, including 400 g or 14.1 oz water, and cook for 45 min/steaming temp/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess of your kitchen.
When the relish is finished cooking, if you prefer a runnier texture add a little more water. Allow to cool completely before putting into sterilised jars. If you use a sterilised jar and clean spoon/knife for serving this should last several weeks in the fridge.
Serving: 30g | Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.3g | Protein: 0.7g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 13mg | Sugar: 5.1g