This Beetroot Relish is super versatile and easy in the Thermomix; you can serve it with a big brekky (amazing with my Breakfast Sausage Patties & Smashed Avo in THMII), on a juicy burger or as part of a cheese platter spread as featured in our Skinnymixers Entertaining Guide. Made healthier by significantly reducing the sugar, using unrefined sugar and apple cider vinegar – I think you will have a new favourite condiment 😉 Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Beetroot Relish
- 500 g | 17.6 oz fresh beetroot peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red apple cored, quartered
- 70 g | 2.5 oz apple cider vinegar take care not to use double strength!
- 50 g | 1.8 oz coconut sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- Add beetroot, onion and apple to mixer bowl. Chop for 3 sec/speed 6/mc on or until finely chopped but not mush.
- Add remaining ingredients, including 400 g or 14.1 oz water, and cook for 45 min/steaming temp/speed 1/mc off. Put the simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess of your kitchen.
- When the relish is finished cooking, if you prefer a runnier texture add a little more water. Allow to cool completely before putting into sterilised jars. If you use a sterilised jar and clean spoon/knife for serving this should last several weeks in the fridge.