skinnymixer's Thai Red Chicken Soup
- 1 medium brown onion peeled, quatered
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 portion of Thai Red Curry Paste click for recipe
- 20 g olive oil
- 1000 g water + 2 tbsp chicken stock concentrate or 1000 g | 35.3 oz liquid chicken stock
- 500 g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 200 g vegetables of choice I used sliced capsicum and green beans
- 400 g coconut cream
- handful of thai basil or coriander roughly chopped
Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
Add curry paste and oil, cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
Add water, stock concentrate, chicken breast and vegetables to mixer bowl, cook for 10 min/100°C or 212°F/slowest speed/MC on or until cooked.
Pour soup out into a thermal server and stir through the coconut cream and thai basil, at this stage I also added an extra 1 tsp of salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 1 repeat for 1-2 seconds if required.
At step 3 use speed 1 and cook for longer if necessary.
Serving: 385g | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.4g | Protein: 21.9g | Fat: 22.7g | Saturated Fat: 15.6g | Sodium: 657mg | Sugar: 5.2g