skinnymixer's Bacon and Vegetable Soup
This quick, delicious Thermomix Soup recipe features in The Healthy Mix Cookbook and was one of the original Skinnymixers recipe on the blog.
- 500 g chopped vegetables zucchini, carrot, celery, mushroom
- 1 brown onion quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 60 g diced shortcut bacon
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp stock concentrate + 1000 g or 35.3 oz water or 1 litre or 33.8 fl oz liquid stock
- 140 g tomato paste
- black pepper to taste
- 80 g small shell pasta optional - omit for grain free, LCHF or Keto version
- lemon zest and chopped parsley for serving
If you want your vegetables to be uniform, dice as desired - otherwise add roughly chopped vegetables to mixer bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 4/MC on. Set aside.
Without washing the bowl, add onion and garlic, chop for 5 sec/speed 5/MC on.
Scrape bowl down, add oil and diced bacon. Cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
Add stock concentrate, water, reserved vegetables, tomato paste and black pepper. Cook for 13 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/reverse/MC on.
Add pasta if using and cook for 7 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC on.
Serve with grated lemon zest and chopped parsley.
The nutritional information for this recipe includes the pasta.
Use blunt blade with this recipe.
At step 1 chop for longer if required.
At step 5 check pasta is done and extend cooking time if necessary.
Serving: 290g | Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.5g | Protein: 7.6g | Fat: 4.9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 701mg | Sugar: 5.8g