- 30 g butter
- 30 g thickened cream
- 30 g full fat milk
- 6 eggs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 GLAD Snap Lock sandwich bags **
- Melt butter for 2 min/50°C/speed 1.
- Add cream, milk, eggs and salt to the melted butter in mixer bowl and blend for 20 sec/speed 3.
- Divide mixture evenly into the two Snap Lock sandwich bags and half seal the bags.
- Roughly wash mixer bowl.
- (TM5 only) Add 1,700 g water to mixer bowl.
- (TM31 only) Add 1,400 g water to mixer bowl.
- Take one bag at a time and slowly immerse in the water to squeeze excess air out of the Snap Lock bags and seal them, taking care not to let any water inside.
- Put Snap Lock bags in to the internal steaming basket and set aside.
- Heat water for 8 min/80°C/speed 2.
- Add internal steaming basket containing Snap Lock bags to mixer bowl.
- Cook for 14-15 min/80°C/speed 2.
- After 7 min, stop mixer and massage egg mixture to ensure even cooking taking care not to burn yourself!
- When cooking has finished, check eggs are cooked to your liking and serve immediately by breaking up mixture lightly onto plates.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and an additional sprinkling of salt. Enjoy xx
You shouldn't change the ingredient quantities at all, and if you do please don’t be surprised about the eggs not turning out – this is a very precise recipe.
You should *ONLY* use the brand GLAD Snap Lock sandwich bags, I have tested this with other lesser quality brands and they melted. GLAD Snap Lock sandwich bags are declared safe to heat food in.
You can use the food vacuum bags if you have a vacuum sealer.
This recipe was inspired by Heston Blumenthal’s “Scrambled eggs with brown butter” recipe; however the ingredient quantities and method have been adapted for use with thermal mixers.
At step 6 add 1400g water to your jug.
I have to give Andrea Lee over at Forking Foodie credit for suggesting Sous-vide scrambled eggs on the skinnymixers facebook group, and pointing us towards Heston’s recipe for inspiration 🙂 Thanks Andrea. These are the best eggs I’ve ever eaten! xx