This is a hearty salad, that even the manliest salad hater will love. It’s perfect to feed a crowd, I was able to feed my family of 4 and have more than half left over – you can make it go even further with extra salad stuff and dressing too. The beauty of this recipe is you can either prepare it ahead of time and enjoy it cold, or cook it and eat it warm. I hope you love it 🙂
- 50 g portion of red pesto
- 500-700 g chicken breast, cubed
- 500 g baby red potato, sliced into thick round coins
- 100 g red pesto
- 30 g greek yoghurt or home made mayonnaise for dairy free
- 10 g balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- baby spinach
- chopped macadamia nuts
- Add dressing ingredients to mixer bowl, combine for 10 sec/speed 2/MC on. Set aside.
- Put your prepared potatoes into the simmering basket and coat the chopped chicken breast in the 50 g red pesto and put into the deep steaming tray.
- Without washing the bowl, add 500 g water to mixer bowl, insert simmering basket, put the steaming tray in place and cook for 17-20 min/steaming temperature/speed 3 or until cooked. Stir chicken part way through to ensure even cooking.
- Set potatoes aside to cool and tip out steaming water. Put chicken into the mixer bowl and roughly chop for 1-2 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- At this point you can either allow your potato and chicken to cool completely before combining with dressing and salad items, or combine it warm for a warm salad. Enjoy xx
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 3, if using an Intelli pop a tea towel over the steamer, use ST temp and extend cooking time if required. If using a Supercook, use 120-130 degrees.