The rich puttanesca sauce has been one of my favourite quick Thermomix meals for quite some time now – its a great versatile recipe which goes with almost any thing from zucchini noodles, pasta, steak, chicken, lamb, eggs… you can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This makes quite a large batch of sauce which freezes well for a quick meal too. Love Nik xx
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled, halved
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced
- 30 g olive oil
- 400g tin ardmona chopped tomato
- 250 g tomato sugo/passata/puree
- 100 g kalamata olives, pitted
- 100 g water
- 30 g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp stock concentrate
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes (optional)
- Add garlic and onion to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add capsicum and olive oil and cook for 5 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 15 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the MC hole to prevent splatter.
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 1 chop for a few seconds longer if necessary.
At step 2 if using an Intelli, use ST temp and increase cooking time if required. If using a Supercook, use 120 degrees.
At step 3 if using an Intelli, use ST temp and increase cooking time if required. If using a Supercook, use 120 degrees.