The rich puttanesca sauce has been one of my favourite quick Thermomix meals for quite some time now – its a great versatile recipe which goes with almost any thing from zucchini noodles, pasta, steak, chicken, lamb, eggs… you can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This makes quite a large batch of sauce which freezes well for a quick meal too. Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Rich Puttanesca Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 medium brown onion peeled, halved
- 1 medium red capsicum sliced
- 30 g | 1 oz olive oil
- 400 g | 14.1 oz tin ardmona chopped tomato
- 250 g | 8.8 oz tomato sugo/passata/puree
- 100 g | 3.5 oz kalamata olives pitted
- 100 g | 3.5 oz water
- 30 g | 1 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp stock concentrate
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes optional
- Add garlic and onion to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add capsicum and olive oil and cook for 5 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 15 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the MC hole to prevent splatter.
At step 2 if using an Intelli, use ST temp and increase cooking time if required. If using a Supercook, use 120°C or 250°F.
At step 3 if using an Intelli, use ST temp and increase cooking time if required. If using a Supercook, use 120°C or 250°F.