While writing my next book, I came up with the idea of developing a LCHF Tiramisu… I ended up loving the recipe so much that we decided to release it for Christmas instead! This captures the essence of a traditional Tiramisu, without the carbs and sugar (see the nutritional info below). It can be served in glasses as pictured above, or layered in a more traditional way as pictured below. Being a LCHF recipe, this one is quite high in calories – if that bothers you, feel free to substitute with low fat cream. Stay tuned for a dairy free adaptation too 😉 Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's LCHF Tiramisu
- 160 g | 5.6 oz raw almonds
- 2 whole eggs
- 30 g | 1 oz coconut oil or butter
- 30 g | 1 oz xylitol or nativa or sweetener of choice such as maple syrup
- 20 g | 0.7 oz whipping cream / thickened cream
- 15 g | 0.5 oz cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of espresso or strong coffee for soaking
- 1 tsp xylitol or natvia
- 150 g | 5.3 oz mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g | 5.3 oz whipping cream / thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F fanforced and grease and line a 20 cm rectangle slice tray.
- Add raw almonds to dry mixer bowl, mill for 10 sec/speed 9/MC on or until fine.
- Add the remaining cake ingredients, excluding the coffee, and mix for 10 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat once.
- Remove batter to prepared cake tray, spreading the batter into an even layer with a butter knife. Please note the batter will be very thick, almost paste like. Bake in the oven for 15 min or until cooked.
- Allow cake to cool completely and once it has cooled you can choose to cut it into individual serves for glasses depending on serving preference. Slowly pour prepared coffee over the cake and allow to soak for 1 hour in the fridge (you can leave this overnight too).
- While cake is soaking, prepare filling by milling the xylitol/natvia for 10 sec/speed 7/MC on.
- Insert butterfly and add mascarpone and vanilla. Whip for 10 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Add cream and whip on speed 3/MC on until soft peaks form - take care not to over whip your cream into butter.
To assemble: Layer cake with cream (I did 2 layers of each) and top with shaved chocolate or sifted cacao powder.
At step 3 extend mixing time if required until evenly combined.
At step 6 use sp 8-9 to grind sweetener.