This all-in-one sausage Thermomix recipe is fantastic for a quick, family pleasing meal and you can easily reduce or increase the amount to suit as well. Feel free to experiment with using white rice instead of potato, other types of meat and vegetables too. I have been so busy lately with moving house and making sure that the kids are well settled, that I have only just been able to actually cook something in my kitchen ! In fact, we’ve been so flat out moving that I am actually blogging this at 39,003 feet in the air – on our way to a top secret location. All will be revealed on the 5th of September.
I hope you enjoy it, Love Nik Xx
Skinnymixer's All in One Sausage Dinner
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 400 g | 14.1 oz red onions peeled, quartered
- 20 g | 0.7 oz olive oil
- 20 g | 0.7 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp beef stock concentrate + 500 g | 17.6g oz water or 500 g | 17.6 oz liquid beef stock
- 500 g | 17.6 oz potato unpeeled, cut in to 3 cm cubes
- 500 g | 17.6 oz sausages of choice
- 200 g | 7 oz frozen peas & corn
- 1-2 tbsp corn flour or thickener of choice
- 30 g | 1 oz cream
- 30 g | 1 oz butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper and nutmeg
- Add garlic and onion to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/mc on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add oil and cook for 5 min/100 C or 212 F/speed 1/mc on.
- Add tomato paste, stock concentrate and water. Insert simmering basket and put potatoes inside. Layer sausages in deep steaming tray to ensure even steam flow. Put the deep steaming tray in place and cook for 25 min/steaming temperature/speed 3. You can also add hard vegetables to cook at this stage.
- Carefully remove potatoes and simmering basket and set aside. Add corn flour to mixer bowl. Carefully move sausages around, put peas & corn on flat steaming tray in place and cook for a further 5 min/steaming temperature/speed 3.
- When sausages and sauce are cooked, set them aside.
- Without washing bowl, put potatoes, cream, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg and mash for 3 sec/speed 4/mc on.
- Season gravy to taste and serve.