Persian Love Cake has been a recipe I have wanted to try for over 4 years, after a Skinnymixer suggested it would be a wonderful gluten free recipe for the blog. With Valentines Day around the corner, it seems like a fitting recipe to share with you all. I have included both dairy and dairy free options for those with dietary requirements. The story behind the name Persian Love Cake is also a beautiful, but tragic love story that you can read about here. I hope your loved ones enjoy this unique and delicious healthy Thermomix cake this Valentines Day, Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Persian Love Cake
- 50 g | 1.8 oz raw pistachios shelled
- 300 g | 10.6 oz raw almonds
- 100 g | 3.5 oz desiccated coconut
- 150 g | 5.3 oz coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 230 g | 8.1 oz greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 50 g | 1.8 oz butter or coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp rose water optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Grease and line a 22cm or 8" cake tin, I used a springform. Preheat oven to 160°C or 320°F fan forced.
- Place pistachios in to a clean dry mixer bowl, chop for 2 sec/speed 6/MC on or until lightly chopped. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add 150 g or 5.3 oz almonds in mixer bowl, mill for 10-20 sec/speed 8/MC on, until almonds are a fine ground. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add remaining almonds and coconut to mixer bowl and mill for 10-20 sec/speed 8/MC on, until almonds are a fine ground.
- Add reserved almond meal to mixer bowl with remaining ingredients, except for pistachios. Blend for 20 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and sprinkle chopped pistachios over the batter.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 mins or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Grain free baking is dependent on individual ovens so adjust as required. Allow to cool completely and refrigerate for an hour before serving.