When the Skinnymixer’s Recipe Testing Team starts raving about a recipe, then you know it is going to be good! Thank you to Shirley Thexeira who lives in Malaysia, for letting us share this delicious authentic Malay Chicken Curry Thermomix Recipe. If you love the Skinnymixer’s Nyonya Chicken Curry then this recipe is a must try. Tanya Halse from Aussie TM5 Thermomixer uses wingettes and drumettes in this recipe. If you are using chicken with bones in your Thermomix, we don’t recommend leaving your Thermomix unattended.
- 700 g chicken thigh diced or chicken with bone, marinated with 2 Tbsp Babas Malaysian meat curry powder & a pinch of salt.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 180 g brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised
- 30 g olive oil
- 100 g liquid chicken stock (or 100 g water with 1 tsp chicken stock concentrate)
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, quartered
- Add garlic and onion to mixer bowl. Chop 2 sec/speed 5/ MC on.
- Add all the spices & oil. Sauté 4 min/steaming temp/soft speed/MC off.
- Add marinated chicken & liquid chicken stock. Cook 16 min/steaming temp/reverse/soft speed/MC on.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook 2 min/steaming temp/reverse/soft speed/MC on.
You can add cauliflower & broccoli in the last 4 mins of cooking.