This Mediterranean Frittata is perfect for brunch on a Sunday morning and was originally developed for my 7th cookbook ‘The Healthy Mix III’, however we decided to release it on skinnymixers.com instead! While olives might not be considered by most a traditional breakfast ingredient, they are a wonderful way to start the day out with a hit of healthy heart protecting and inflammation fighting fats.
- 40 g | 1.4 oz Kalamata olives, pitted
- 40 g | 1.4 oz semi dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15 g | 0.5 oz pine nuts
- 10 g | 0.3 oz balsamic vinegar
- 20 g | 0.7 oz olive oil
- 5 g | 0.2 oz basil
- 6 eggs
- 50 g | 1.8 oz full fat cottage cheese or quark (omit for dairy free)
- ½ tsp salt
- baking paper
- 200 g | 7 oz pumpkin, small cubes
- fresh rocket or baby spinach
- Wet and wring out a piece of baking paper and cover the top, flat steaming tray.
- Add all pesto ingredients to mixer bowl, blend for 20 sec/speed 5/MC on or until desired consistency is reached. Remove pesto from mixer bowl and set aside.
- Without washing the bowl add eggs, cottage cheese and salt to mixer bowl. Blend 15 sec/speed 5/MC on. Pour onto prepared baking paper.
- Give the mixing bowl a quick rinse, then add 400 g or 14.1 oz water to mixing bowl, insert simmering basket with pumpkin cubes. Set steaming tray in place and steam for 15 – 17 min/steaming temp/speed 3 or until done.
- Serve frittata with pesto brushed over and sprinkled with pumpkin and rocket or baby spinach.
Super Skinny: Replace 3 of the eggs with egg whites and omit the olive oil.