With school returning tomorrow for my kids, I thought it was about time I did something mini for their lunchboxes for an occasional treat.
I also have an abundance of beautiful ripe lemons on our lemon tree. I tried making these grain free with coconut flour, and had epic failure so I stuck with good old fashioned flour – if anyone is able to convert these to grain free for me (without nuts) let me know! I hope your kids love these.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Lemon Coconut Muffins
- 160 g cake flour or plain if you don't have cake
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 70 g coconut milk
- 70 g lemon juice
- 30 g coconut oil or butter melted
- 20 g dessicated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F and prepare mini silicone muffin trays or muffin cases.
- Add all ingredients to mixer bowl and blend for 20 sec/speed 4/MC on.. Scrape the bowl down and repeat for 10 sec/speed 4/MC on.
- Spoon into muffin cases or silicone moulds and bake for 10-15 mins or until done.