People are always asking for a vanilla bean powder recipe… I felt like it was such a simple thing that I never rushed to blog it, but my friends have been nagging me for about 6 months to do it. The quality of your vanilla bean powder is naturally highly dependent on the quality of your beans. Skinnymixers recommends Vanilla&Co beans, not just because we have an affiliate relationship with them – but their beans really are the best. They are super moist, fat and high quality. Take a look for yourself and definitely support an awesome small Australian business!
- minimum of 12 high quality vanilla beans
- Put your vanilla beans on a baking dish and bake in a 100°C or 212°F fan forced oven for 1 hour or until dried out. Alternatively, you can use the dehydrator or put in the freezer for 3 days.
- Allow to cool completely, then break into chunks.
- Put into your mixer bowl, mill for 1-2 min/speed 9/MC on.
- Store in an airtight container.