This all purpose BBQ Marinade was actually reserved for the new book, ‘The Healthy Mix II’. I decided that all the Skinnymixers Mums deserved a break from cooking for Mother’s Day and to release the recipe early! Please note, we recommend this recipe is BBQ cooked or grilled for the best flavour. Love Nik xx
All Purpose BBQ Marinade
- 200 g | 7 oz passata
- 100 g | 3.5 oz tomato paste
- 20 g | 0.7 oz lemon juice
- 10 g | 0.3 oz Worcestershire sauce or Tamari / Coconut Aminos
- 5 g | 0.2 oz paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp xylitol or preferred sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules or cacao powder
- Add all ingredients to mixer bowl, blend for 30 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Cook for 5 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the mixer lid to prevent kitchen mess.
- Allow to cool completely before marinating 1-1.5 kg or 3.3 pounds BBQ meat of choice overnight or a minimum of 8 hours for the best results. I used pork rashers but it would work well with chicken or beef too.