Recently, while scrolling through my Facebook feed for the 5,000th time that day, I came across a video on a popular chocolate brands page of an oozing chocolate cake and I knew I had to finally release my dairy/grain free chocolate fondant recipe! That same week I was nominated for an Ausmumpreneur award and decided to put myself up for the ‘Influencer Award’ category – unknown to me at that point, I have been awarded a top 5 position in the second round of voting. The week after, I received my 3 kg order of Loving Earth raw cacao butter… as you can see the stars aligned, and resulted in me producing a healthy chocolate fondant recipe and shooting my first ever video for the blog as a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has voted for me in the Ausmumpreneur awards. Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Chocolate Fondant
- 50 g | 1.8 oz raw almonds
- 70 g | 2.5 oz cacao butter roughly chopped
- 30 g | 1 oz cacao powder + extra for dusting
- 70 g | 2.5 oz maple syrup or honey
- 100 g | 3.5 oz coconut oil + extra for dusting
- 4 x whole eggs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F fan forced. Prepare 4 small ramekins by greasing with coconut oil and sprinkling cacao powder to cover all surfaces inside completely. Alternatively, use silicone moulds which are less likely to stick.
- Add raw almonds (50 g or 1.8 oz) to mixer bowl, mill for 12 sec/speed 9/MC on. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add cacao butter (70 g or 2.5 oz) and mill for 20 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Scrape the bowl and blades to loosen cacao butter, add cacao powder (30 g or 1 oz) and cook for 5 min/50°C or 120°F/speed 2/MC on.
- Add maple syrup (70 g or 2.5 oz) and oil (100 g or 3.5 oz) to mixer bowl and set timer for 2 min/speed 3/MC off. Slowly add eggs one by one, then almond meal and finally the salt.
- Divide mixture evenly into the ramekins and tap on the bench top to settle the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 mins. You want the centre to be oozy, but you dont want it to be undercooked or it will be a complete mess!
Use sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 2 increase chopping time if almonds aren't ground finely enough.
At step 4 you may need increase the time to melt the cacao butter.