The other day I asked the Skinnymixers Facebook Group for a suggestion on what I could serve visiting friends and their kids for lunch. Hasselback Chicken made the final cut, as Katie my other friend has suggested it a few times now to me. We made it the more traditional way, by stuffing the chicken breasts with individual ingredients and I remarked that I couldn’t believe it took us 20 minutes to stuff 6 chicken breasts! This Thermal cooker recipe speeds up the stuffing process by blending all of the ingredients together, I had this ready within 5 minutes.
Feel confident to experiment with the ingredients, and check the notes for a dairy free option, Love Nik xx
I hate the wastage of constantly buying fresh herbs and can’t seem to keep an outdoor herb garden alive (apparently they need water!). A couple of years ago I came across this Australian made innovation called the UrbiPod. It has featured in Nik’s Favourite Things a couple of years running now. If you have black thumbs like me and love to cook with herbs, then it is definitely something that you should investigate!
skinnymixer's Hasselback Pizza Chicken
- 4 large or 6 medium chicken breasts
- 30 g | 1 oz parmesan cheese cubed
- 100-120 g | 3.5-4.2 oz fresh mozzarella drained weight, cubed small
- 80 g | 2.8 oz tomato pizza paste I use pizza paste as its lower in carbs! or my pizza sauce
- 50 g | 1.8 oz butter cubed (LCHF option, omit for lower calories)
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1/8 th tsp chilli powder optional
- large pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Prepare chicken breasts with 1 cm thick slices over the top to create pockets.
- Add parmesan cheese to mixer bowl, mill for 5 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for chicken, and blend for 10 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Stuff chicken breasts evenly with mixture and bake in oven for around 15 mins on a baking tray or until cooked through. Be mindful not to overcook the chicken breast!