The other day I asked the Skinnymixers Facebook Group for a suggestion on what I could serve visiting friends and their kids for lunch. Hasselback Chicken made the final cut, as Katie my other friend has suggested it a few times now to me. We made it the more traditional way, by stuffing the chicken breasts with individual ingredients and I remarked that I couldn’t believe it took us 20 minutes to stuff 6 chicken breasts! This Thermal cooker recipe speeds up the stuffing process by blending all of the ingredients together, I had this ready within 5 minutes. Feel confident to experiment with the ingredients, and check the notes for a dairy free option, Love Nik xx
- 4 large or 6 medium chicken breasts
- 30 g | 1 oz parmesan cheese, cubed
- 100-120 g | 3.5-4.2 oz fresh mozzarella (drained weight), cubed small
- 80 g | 2.8 oz tomato pizza paste (I use pizza paste as its lower in carbs!) or my pizza sauce
- 50 g | 1.8 oz butter, cubed (LCHF option, omit for lower calories)
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ⅛th tsp chilli powder (optional)
- large pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Prepare chicken breasts with 1 cm thick slices over the top to create pockets.
- Add parmesan cheese to mixer bowl, mill for 5 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for chicken, and blend for 10 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Stuff chicken breasts evenly with mixture and bake in oven for around 15 mins on a baking tray or until cooked through. Be mindful not to overcook the chicken breast!
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 3 ensure your parmesan is in small cubes and repeat or extend chopping time.