I like to keep a batch of Dukkah in the freezer for when guests drop in, or I need to put together a quick thank you gift in a small jar. While I love serving it with crusty bread and good quality olive oil, I tend to use it to crumb lamb cutlets, steak and chicken. It makes a super yummy alternative to boring bread crumbs, you wont feel like you are missing out at all. I hope you all love it, Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Middle Eastern Dukkah
- 25 g | 0.88 oz white sesame seeds
- 50 g | 1.8 oz raw pistachio nuts
- 50 g | 1.8 oz raw almonds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 th tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 320°F, and roast sesame seeds, pistachio nuts, almonds and cumin seeds for 10 mins. Allow to cool slightly when finished.
- Add nut mixture and remaining ingredients to mixer bowl, process on speed 5 until desired consistency is reached - I tend to pulse for 1-2 seconds maximum then check and repeat if necessary.