With New Year’s Eve approaching, it seemed like the perfect time to work on a healthy Thermomix cocktail recipe for the blog.
Gin or Vodka based drinks are the “skinniest” and healthiest choice, of you are choosing to drink alcohol. While this recipe does still have sugar in it, it is significantly reduced compared to the 1 cup of sugar I have seen in similar recipes! Sarah and I enjoyed drinking this for breakfast last week, and certainly found it sweet enough. You can also enjoy this as a virgin Thermomix cocktail without the alcohol, as well as frozen as ice blocks. Love Nik xx
- 100 g | 3.5 oz sugar of choice
- 100 g | 3.5 oz water
- 30 g | 1 oz fresh basil
- 800 g | 28.2 oz seedless watermelon, cut in to chunks with the green and white skin removed
- 200 g | 7 oz ice cubes
- 10 g | 0.3 oz fresh lime juice
- 200 g | 7 oz Gin (or vodka or omit for mocktail)
- 500 g | 17.6 oz soda water
- Add sugar, basil and 100g water to mixer bowl. Cook for 10 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off. Pick out or strain basil off and allow syrup to cool for 5 mins.
- Add watermelon, lime juice and ice to mixer bowl with the basil syrup. Blend for 1 min/speed 9/mc on.
- Add gin and soda water and blend for 10 sec/speed 3/mc on.