I came across the idea to do a cheese log from a post in my news feed a few weeks ago and I got so excited about the recipe that I came up with a handful of different flavour combinations right away (see the notes). I think this will make a yummy and colourful addition to Christmas tables for those who want to continue to watch their carbs over the festive season or to impress guests with something a little different. The testing team have been enjoying this one way too much! Love Nik xx
- 50 g raw almonds
- 50 g raw macadamia nuts
- 20 g fresh continental parsley
- 10 g fresh chives
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (optional if you can't source them)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- 250 g cream cheese, cubed, room temperature
- 100 g mild creamy blue cheese, cubed, room temperature (I used castello brand, if you don't like blue cheese you could use any other combination of cheeses like a mild feta, mozzarella or cheddar)
- 2 large pieces of gladwrap
- Add nuts and herbs to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 6/MC on or until finely chopped.
- Add nigella seeds, sesame
seedsand pepper to the bowl. Mix for 5 sec/speed 2/MC on.
- Remove nut mixture to a piece of the gladwrap retaining 1 tbsp in the mixer bowl. Flaten the mixture out with your hands into a large rectangle.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 10 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat once.
- Spoon even amounts of cheese mixture in a line down the centre of the nut mixture. Using the gladwrap, form into a log and twist the ends of each side tightly to remove air and compress mixture. Tie off ends, apply second piece of gladwrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Apricot & Almond
Smoked Salmon & Dill + Capers
Sweet Chilli & Coriander
Olives, Garlic & Herbs