The admin girls have been begging me to do a Peri Peri Chicken Thermomix recipe for years now, and the suggestion finally made itself to the top of my list!
I am so glad it did… I truly believe this is one of the best tasting recipes I have ever developed. It is perfect for those who are wanting to lose a little holiday season weight: its low carb, gluten free, preservative free, dairy free, sugar free – and with a hint of chilli it’ll get your metabolism working!
I hope everyone takes the time to marinate it for at least 8 hours, the piri piri flavour develops significantly !
This recipe could easily be made in a blender or food processor if you don’t own a Thermomix.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Peri Peri Chicken
- 1 - 1.5 kg chicken thighs or whatever chicken you want
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large brown onion peeled, quartered
- 50 g lemon juice
- 20 g olive oil
- 15 g sweet paprika
- 10 g fresh ginger cut into coins
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder this is mild, increase for spicer peri peri
- 3/4 - 1 tbsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- fresh lemon & parsley for serving
- Please note. this recipe requires 8 hours marinating time.
- Add all ingredients, except chicken, and blend for 1 min/speed 5/MC on.
- Coat chicken well and marinate in the fridge for a recommended 8 hours.
- You can then fry, grill, bake or BBQ your chicken until cooked. Garnish with chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.
To Make Perinaise
- Make the marinade & keep 1 Tbsp of peri peri marinade in the Thermomix mixer bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, make the Skinnymixers Mayonnaise recipe.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. The flavour should be developed when the chicken has finished marinating.
FREE MEAL PLANNER DOWNLOAD: Are you on our Skinnymixers Newsletter? Have all of our latest Thermomix recipes delivered to your Inbox – http://bit.ly/SkinnyNews