My good friend Mia is one of my major sources of inspiration and support for recipe development – she has fantastic ideas and is always there if I need advice on what to do. These Cauliflower & Haloumi Fritters were entirely her idea… so thank you Mia 🙂 These are an awesome snack or quick lunch for the low carb/healthy fat crowd, but my kids ate the entire plate of them – so I think they would be a great lunchbox addition too. I personally prefer to eat them cold because they firm up nicely in the fridge, and naturally they must be served with my Aioli 😉 Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Low Carb Cauliflower & Haloumi Fritters
- 10 g | 0.3 oz spring onion
- 5 fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- 300 g | 10.6 oz cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 360 g | 12.7 oz haloumi cubed
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- oil for frying
- Add spring onion, mint and garlic to mixer bowl. Chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat once.
- Add remaining ingredients to mixer bowl (except for oil), blend for 5 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat once.
- Put mixture on a plate (spread out) and refrigerate for 20 mins to firm up.
- Heat oil on a non stick frying pan to medium/high heat. Roll mixture into golf sized balls and flatten them slightly... fry on both sides until golden brown. I recommend you dont touch them until they are well browned, because the mixture is a little temperamental.
- If your mixture is too wet to fry, you can bake them in an oven at 180°C or 350°F, fan-forced for 30-40 mins turning half way through if required.
- Cool well before refrigerating.
Total portions 32. You can halve this recipe 🙂 The cooked fritters freeze well. Bellini Users Use your sharp blade for this recipe. At step 2 mix for longer if necessary. Alternatively you can bake the fritters at 180°C or 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden.